From October 9 through October 12, the autumn school on electron microscopy in materials science will take place at the Harnack House in Berlin. This school offers both practical courses as well as lectures on different aspects of modern electron microscopy. The school will start Monday morning end with a BBQ on Thursday evening.
Location: Harnack House in Berlin
Time: Monday, Oct 9, 9:00 am until Thursday, Oct. 12, 18:00 (and BBQ thereafter)
Programme: A tentative programme may be found here.
Registration: The registration fee for participation in this workshop will be
- € 100.00 for students (inkl. doctoral/PhD students) and
- € 150.00 for postdocs, etc..
This fee covers also snacks and beverages during coffee breaks as well as lunch at noon. You may register under this link. The application deadline is September 25, 2017. Due to a limited number of people who can attend the hands-on labs, the total number of participants is limited to 80.
Topics being covered during lectures include:
- Inline and off-axis electron holography
- Electron energy loss spectroscopy
- Electron crystallography
- Specimen preparation by focused ion beam (FIB)
- Scanning electron microscopy, ion microscopy and correlative approaches
On Monday evening, participants are invited to present posters of their work (max. size: A0)
This school is organized and run by members of the following institutions (in alphabetical order):
- Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (FHI)
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (HUB)
- Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (IKZ)
- Max-Planck-Institut für Mikrostrukturphysik (MµP)
- Paul-Drude-Institut für Festkörperelektronik (PDI)
- Technische Universität Berlin (TUB)